2011-09-13

Nirvana in Boardman [ Be ]

Let me first say I plan to update my blog more on a day-to-day basis especially when I am traveling.

It's very hard to be impressed.
Let's start out with that concept.
We've seen men allegedly land on the moon, the twin towers fall, implants surpass the 800 cc mark, and the Red Sox win the Series. So how can a simple bar/restaurant impress. Well, let me tell you, the Vintage Estate Wine and Beer establishment ( a.k.a. V.E. Tasting Lounge) in Boardman OH is amazing.

Less than 1 hour northwest of Pittsburgh, this store has 20 great beers on tap, good food, free wifi, as well as the ability to buy any beer (or wine if so inclined) in stock and you can drink it in the bar!

I had a nice conversation with one of the principals - PR - and sent him an email of the Belgian breweries and beer restaurants I have visited. I was VERY surprised that they had Poperinge Hommel Bier, one of my and IC's favorites.

So a great start to a short trip, as well as more daily blog updates. Note I still have to finish writing up a Portland OR trip, a trip to Chi-town and Kalamazoo area, as well as a west coast vacation that includes the Portland OR BrewFest.


And in summary:
New Holland - Golden Saison - 7.5
Avery Brewing - The Kaiser - 8.0
Two Brothers - Atom Smasher - 8.5
Abbaye Des Rocs - Grand Cru - 8.5
New Holland - Ichabod - 8.0
Ducato - Nuova Mattina - 7.5
Young's - Double Chocolate Stout [nitrogen] - 9.0
Moa Brewing - Moa Noir - 7.0
Breckenridge - Agave Wheat - 8.0
 


No comments: